[Answer ID: 14488]
TeraStation 5000 - How to transfer the data to another TeraStation?
The TeraStation is not equipped with a tool or a function for data migration.
Follow the procedure below to migrate data.
Copying files directly by accessing two TeraStations from a PC
To move the back-up data to another TeraStation, check the target and copy data.
Backing up TeraStation folders to another TeraStation on the network
Follow the procedure below.
- Create a shared folder on the target TeraStation which is in use on on the source TeraStation.
Double-click the target TeraStation-[BUFFALO NAS Navigator2] on the desktop.
- Right-click the TeraStation icon, followed by clicking [Open Web setting]
- Input a user name and password, followed by clicking [Login] to display the set-up menu.
- Click [File Sharing] in the set-up menu, followed by next to [Folder Setup].
- Click [Create Folder], and input a name of the shared folder, etc., followed by ticking [Backup] of [LAN Protocol Support] and clicking [OK].
END of creating a new shared folder on the target TeraStation.
- Create a back-up to the target TeraStation together with shared folders by using the on the source TeraStation back-up function.
Click [Backup] in the set-up menu on on the source TeraStation, followed by next to [Backup].
- Click [Create New Job]
- Select set-up items for back-up such as execution date and time, followed by [Add].
- Click [Browse] of the back-up origin folder name.
Select the folder on on the source TeraStation, followed by [OK].
- Click [Browse] of the back-up target folder name.
Specify the folder on the target TeraStation with the same folder name as that created in the previous steps, followed by [OK].
- The added task can be seen on the screen [Backup List].
- Click [Close].
A back-up is performed at the specified time, and the data is moved to the target TeraStation.